Account Associate/Senior Account Associate
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits and Perks: Fully paid medical, dental and vision including dependents; monthly wellness stipend, phone and internet stipend; paid maternity/paternity leave; attention to work-life balance
Location: SF Bay Area preferred but will consider other locations
Work from Home: We’re an award-winning all virtual firm offering high teamwork and flexibility
Reports to: Principals
Purpose of Role
Join our fast-growing and closely-knit organization as Account Associate – responsible for conducting research, identifying needs, and developing PR material across a portfolio of 4-5 Bospar clients. Works with team members to enhance client image by delivering day-to-day client work and playing a key support role within the team. You’ll join a strong team of fellow associates to help our leadership team drive the continued success of our award-winning company. We seek a self-starter with strong PR skills and a proven track record.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide client service administration support; attend meetings, handle scheduling and logistics
- Research, compile and analyze client media coverage
- Write, edit and proof-read material including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and client correspondence
- Demonstrate general knowledge of social media tools
- Assist with media list building
- Media outreach to secure stories on behalf of clients in print, broadcast and interactive media outlets
- Participate in new business process, including research and proposal preparation
Scope of role
Account support for a wide range of clients, which may be local or in other parts of the U.S. Some clients may be international.
Internal – account team and other department members, colleagues across the business, including international when applicable.
External – client team, journalists, media professionals and vendors.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience as an Account Associate or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, English or related field
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of PR software such as Cision and Meltwater
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and to see them through to completion
- A problem solver
- The ability to be flexible with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Functions well as a member of a team